Re: [TenTec] Low Power Ten-Tec Ant Tuner ???

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>,<wb2vuf@qsl.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Low Power Ten-Tec Ant Tuner ???
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:51:51 -0600
When I bought my Ten Tec counterpoise tuner kit, it was $59.  It was an
entertaining and easy build, and then I did exactly what was discussed here,
modified it to be either a counterpoise tuner, or by plugging in a shorted
BNC plug, it turned back into a counterpoise tuner.  I had to rearrange the
order of the monitoring circuit, but that was a one wire move.

The metering still reads maximum current either to an antenna in L net mode,
or to ground wire in counterpoise mode.

There are many hams in small apartments who don't have room for quarter wave
wires inside or out, who can benefit by a counterpoise tuner and a 10 foot
wire.

Stuart
K5KVH