Re: [TenTec] Low Power Ten-Tec Ant Tuner ???

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Low Power Ten-Tec Ant Tuner ???
From: "ChasW3KC" <w3kc@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:53:07 -0500
Stuart said (re the TenTec 1251):
.
> There are many hams in small apartments who don't have
> room for quarter wave wires inside or out, who can benefit
> by a counterpoise tuner and a 10 foot wire.

I am taking a pair of 1251's on my camping and portable
trips. One to tune the random length end fed wire antenna
and the other one to tune the counterpoise. Tuning the
counterpoise really improves results. The 1251 is a high
quality unit (variable inductor employing silver wire seems
very efficient).
73 Chas W3KC