Re: [TenTec] UPS damage

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] UPS damage
From: Jim McDonald <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:09:57 -0600
I've come to like FedEx Ground better than UPS.  The cost seems to be
comparable, and you can drop off your shipment at any Kinko's, as
Kinko's is owned now by FedEx.  Many Kinko's locations have extended
hours, and there are a lot more Kinko's stores than real UPS facilities.

UPS has usually opened my shipping cartons to confirm that I've double
boxed the radio, but my experience with FedEx is they will take a radio
in the original shipping carton and foam packing even if it wasn't
designed for a double box (I think most are now anyway).

If you do use UPS, beware of shipping from UPS store.  My experience has
been the shipping cost is the same but the retail outlets are not owned
by UPS, and they are free to charge whatever they want for insurance.

FedEx got into the ground business when they bought RPS (originally
Railway...).  They originally wouldn't deliver to residences, but now
they certainly do.

Jim N7US