Re: [TenTec] v2.0 firmware...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] v2.0 firmware...
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:53:18 -0600
I just bought a demo Orion from them last week, and sure would have been
nice to know that this CPU/DSP board needed to be upgraded (or has been
already) to accept version 2.0 software!!  I emailed to ask about this, but
no reply as yet.  I may call, as my "30 day trial" isn't over yet, hi.  I
hate to have to ship it in, as the UPS gorillas punched a sizeable hole in
the box in it's first voyage.  I was just very lucky that Ten Tec builds a
"false bottom" in their boxes and that one thing saved my Orion!  By the
way, I LOVE the Orion, and Stan Brock and I felt that my operating style
wouldn't benefit from the extra features of the Orion II.  I run
predominately RTTY on the upper bands, and some 160m casual SSB.  Hoping to
get my CW skills back up to par, but that's after I learn the cockpit of the
Orion, hi.  Any digital tips from you experts is appreciated!!  Running AFSK
with a Hal ST-6000, and loving it!
73,
Don, WB5HAK