Re: [TenTec] Jupiter update question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter update question
From: Frankie Hunt <k4ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:43:10 -0800 (PST)
The update takes less than a minute.  Use the Pegasus
updater.

Here is what I posted to the Jupiter Yahoo group
several days ago:

I've had the same problem as others.  My system would
not update using the update program for the Jupiter.
I had to use the one for the Pegasus (moving the
538v1270.ruf file to the Pegasus directory).  This ran
fine and finished in about 20 seconds.  I didn't have
access to the old Jupiter files.

If I let the Jupiter update program run, it would give
the error message and then start updating very, VERY
slowly.  (I let it run and went to bed.  It looked
like it finished with no errors.  I rebooted the
Jupiter and saw that it was still at the old firmware
level.  The message was 1871 lines processed in 16610
seconds.

Here's the odd part: HRD works with the Jupiter no
problem and I upgraded my Orion without a hitch the
same night.  The Orion is kept on com1 and the Jupiter
on com2.  I swapped com ports, changed flow control,
etc all to no avail.  I tried the Orion update program
on the Jupiter but it would not work either.  The
problem seems to be with the Jupiter and the new
update utility.

Frankie
K4TEN