Re: [TenTec] Jupiter II anybody?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter II anybody?
From: Larry DiGioia <listacct@longwire.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:23:53 -0500
I don't think the Orion is "too ambitious."

I also submit that the price of the Orion in inflation-adjusted dollars
is the same as the Omni-VI at the time it was introduced.

As for user-friendliness, these are not refrigerators... they are
specialized products for a very technical, hobbyist market. It's more
like buying an oscilloscope than a car.

Able2fly@aol.com wrote:

>How many feel that the Orion series is just too ambitious and  will never
>turn out to be a really user friendly rig for the  average ham, no matter how
>many revisions are made?
>
>How many would like to see TT come out with something  modern having the
>"feel" of an OMNI VI, but with an  Rx like the Orion II main?  Possibly an
>updated
>Jupiter?
>
>Maybe somebody from TT will respond to this too?
>
>Bill  K3UJ

Larry  N8KU

 w w w . l o n g w i r e . c o m
    100% CW     100% HF