Re: [TenTec] Orion shipping

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion shipping
From: "Don Skelly" <skellydon@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:01:33 -0500
Hi Guys,

When I bought the Scout several years ago, I bought it at the factory store
and installed it in my truck in the parking lot on a trip west.  That was
not the smartest move as the shipping was a lot less than the TN tax.  When
I bought the Pegasus, I tried one at the factory on another trip and paid
for it and had them ship it home for me to save the taxes.  The Jupiter I
now use I bought the same way after looking at one and talking to a Jupiter
owner using one at the Tentec Hamfest.  It is a good thing Tentec does not
have a store in NY or I would have to pay the 9.5% NY tax.
My Pegasus got hit by lightning and I bought the Jupiter as a replacement
with the insurance money.  95% of the time I run it in the Pegasus emulation
mode and I am very satisfied with it.  I like the internal automatic tuner
in it also, the Jupiter upped the switch and knob count in the shack, but I
rarely use them (HIHI).

I visit the factory about once each year and hope to attend the hamfest this
year.  I just got on the email list and find it most informative.  I want to
say Stan and Scott in sales have been real helpful to me as my computer
experience is still at the Novice level.  I hope to meet some Tentec users
at the next hamfest in Sevierville.

73,
       Don - KG2Q