Re: [TenTec] Tuner and amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner and amp
From: "James C. Owen, III" <k4cgy_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:49:09 -0800 (PST)
Hi Bob,
   With a lower power tune the amplifier for maximum output power
(keeping plate current within spec's of course). Then set the
required drive for maximum output and linearity by increase the
ALC on the ten-tec until output power reachs the maximum, touch
up the adjustments of the amplifier for maximum at this point.
This is the point of proper drive. Anymore will overdrive the
amplifier and less will decrease the power output. If you want
less output it's best to reduce the drive to get the output you
desire instead of reducing the loading. This way the amplifier
will be more linear.  IE always tune for maximum and then control
power by reducing drive.