[TenTec] MY_ORION&O2_RF_IN_MIC-PROBLEM_SOLVED!!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] MY_ORION&O2_RF_IN_MIC-PROBLEM_SOLVED!!
From: "George K" <w2yj@highstream.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 07:57:18 -0500
Ever since I've had my Orion and now the Orion2 I have had RF in the mic
distorting my SSB signal on 20 meters. It only happens when I run high power
and only on 20 meters.
I presently run a O2, TT 706 mic, Ameritron AL-1500, Steppir 3 element beam fed
with 9913 coax.
I've tried every know remedy known to hams to solve this problem.
I solved it, finally, by taking the TT 706 mic apart, insulating the PC board,
and then making a pouch using my wife's kitchen foil wrap for the PC board in
the 706 mic. I left a tab on the pouch that connects to the ground lug. The RF
mic board is now shielded.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
Don't know why I had RF in the shack but at this point I don't care.
It doesn't help that the 706 mic has a plastic upper shell.
Maybe this will help someone else.
George