Re: [TenTec] OII TX Audio experiment/findings

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OII TX Audio experiment/findings
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:00:54 -0800
Your settings sound about right, although if I understand, you have the RF
set to 1?  Since the ALC controls the output level, you'll be generating
more at lower levels.  Try the testing with the RF first at 100, the reduce
it.

If your ALC light is defective, you will know it's operating when the peak
output hits 100 watts, with the power set at 100.

SP 4 will give you crackling unless you have pulled a bunch of bass out of
your audio before it goes into the radio, and/or the mic level is up too
high.  The HC5 should work better with the SP, and in fact, that combination
should be your 'pile-up buster' or 'ESP signal fixer', especially with the
EQ cranked down -10 to -20.

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC