Re: [TenTec] 400 Hz CW (was: INRAD audio mod helps Omni 6 Low PitchCW!)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 400 Hz CW (was: INRAD audio mod helps Omni 6 Low PitchCW!)
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:15:23 -0600
In general we do loose hearing in the upper end of the audio spectrum as we
age.  Low frequency loss is usually due to certain type of ear illness,
usually the result of ear infections causing scaring of the ear drum and
subsequent rigidity.  This can also cause certain narrow band or select
frequency loss more like a notch in the hearing spectrum

In the US most truck drivers and taxi drivers have more loss in the left ear
due to proximity to noise the result of driving with window down.  In
countries in Europe that drive opposite the US, the loss is in the right
ear.

73
Bob, K4TAX