Re: [TenTec] 400 Hz CW (was: INRAD audio mod helps Omni 6 LowPitchCW!)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 400 Hz CW (was: INRAD audio mod helps Omni 6 LowPitchCW!)
From: "Larry Menzel" <retire@means.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:00:38 -0600
That's absolutly true, Bob, in the 70s I spent a number of years driving a
truck.  Started by teaching school, but after you've done that and have a
degree in education you're not suited to do anything else.  Anyway, quit
teaching and couldn't find a job, so I went back to truckin' as that's how I
paid for college.  Anyway, as a result of that experience, I have
considerably less hearing on my left side than on my right.  In fact I have
to have a small audio amp inline so I can equalize the signal from the rigs
or the right ear is quite a bit more sensitive, and when listening to weak
signals, I really need the biaural sense to hear well.

By the way, fellas, the small MFJ 616 Speech Enhancer (the ONLY piece of MFJ
in the shack other than their antenna analyzer, a truly great piece of
hardware) is a wonderful assistance for those of us with "unbalanced"
hearing. It really helps both on SSB and CW to equalize the audio from the
radio, enhances the speech power of certain audio ranges and truly works.
If you have a problem like this, you may want to try that piece of gear.

Larry, N0XB
Northfield, MN
(Orion and Orion II enabled)