[TenTec] Orion I V2.055 Spurious Response

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion I V2.055 Spurious Response
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 00:45:38 -0600
TEST:

"Orion I with V2.055 set up as follows:
  MAIN RX on ANT1 and VFO A, 3750 kHz LSB,
  6 kHz roofing filter, BW = 2500 Hz, PBT = 0 Hz, 199 taps
  RF GAIN = 100, PREAMP ON, no ATTN

A -79 dBm (S8 dB) carrier at 3750 kHz presented to ANT 1 input."

Sinisa,
I ran the test as you described on my Orion with V1.37X firmware. The reversed
signal that you described did not occur. I then loaded V2.055 and re-ran the
test. I did observe the "reversed signal" that you described where you
indicated it would be. I couldn't get a good fix on the signal strength but it
was down approximately 40 DB on the S-meter and maybe more. However, it was
very easily heard. I ran the same test on 20M with the same results.

I reloaded V1.37X and re-ran the test again. No signal like that with the V1
firmware.

I can only conclude from the tests that this reoccurring "spur" is due to the
V2 code.
Merle - W0EWM