[TenTec] Jupiter vs Omni VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter vs Omni VI
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:23:53 -0600
Several years ago I bought a new Jupiter. Before I bought it the people at
TT told me that it would not measure up to an Omni VI If I wanted to use it
for contesting. They were right. It is not a CW contest rig for serious
contesting. That does not mean that it is not a good rig. New, these two
radios are in different price range, so it is not a fair direct comparason.

I prefer the crystal filters in my Corsair II and the Omni VI+ that I bought
after I sold the Jupiter.

For SSB it may be just fine. I think that the Jupiter has the best receieve
audio of any radio that I have used on SSB. Also WSM would to come in here
on sat night and sound great.

For the casual operator that does not require a top end rig, I think that it
is probably one of the best buys out there.

The Jupiter now is the backup rig for the YL to her Omni V. So it did not go
very far.  You will not go wrong with either one.

Also for the Jupiter there is no extra filters to buy.

73 Paul K9OT