[TenTec] Orion 565 V2 Sweep is fine.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 565 V2 Sweep is fine.
From: Randy K4QO <k4qo@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:10:58 -0500
I have been reading the remarks about the O2 sweep and I did a quick
test on my O"1" .
While the sweep does pause a bit the faster you tune, it does update
quickly and is useful to
tune with.  Practically speaking, I find the sweep updates fast enough
to use with a 100Hz
step rate.  I usually use 10 Hz and 100Hz rates for my tuning "needs".

The tip to notice how far away the pip is that you want to tune to and
do the math is a good
one.  I do wish the pips were centered regardless of mode.  I realize
the concept behind the
offset, but its not intuitive to my way of thinking.

73,
Randy
K4QO