[TenTec] New LDG AT-200PC review

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New LDG AT-200PC review
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:54:18 -0500
As I mentioned last week, I chose to purchase an LDG Electronics
AT-200PC external automatic antenna tuner for my Pegasus (the older
internal tuner is no longer available).

I received the tuner last Friday and had a chance to "wring it out" over
the weekend.  I'm pleased to report that it performs very well.  It
integrates perfectly with the N4PY software.  In fact, Mike offers a
checkbox choice for the AT-200PC in his transmitter setup menu.  The
tuner works equally well with the native Ten Tec software and the
HamStationExtreme offering from Callsign Software.  Using my

Besides the Pegasus, the AT-200PC is compatible with other rigs using
N4PY software.  I even tried it with my old Drake TR-7 with no problems.

The tuner is supplied with a ten foot serial port cable and
serial-to-USB adapter (thank you!!) and a power cord -- but no power
supply.  You'll need 12-15V at 1 amp.  For the moment, I'm using the old
HWA-7 supply from my Heathkit HW-7 museum piece.  A decent wall wart
might do the trick, however.

Since I missed the chance to purchase an internal tuner for my Pegasus,
I'm happy LDG is offering this new external model. Actually, it's a much
more versatile device.

It was nice to hear a few of you on the Ten Tec nets Sunday.  Maybe next
week we can chat without maddeningly annoying contest QRM.  How many
%#$#@%&*^ contests do these fanatics need anyway?  In my opinion,
contests should be of  no more than a 12-hours' duration and on discrete
bands of frequencies so that the rest of us can enjoy our hobby during
the precious few hours we have available! Maybe we should test the
dedication of these number collectors and have contests only on
weekdays. (Actually, I'm just ticked because contests seem to be
scheduled invariably on weekends that I've gotten a new toy to play with
or finished a construction project).

73,

Craig
W3CRR