Re: [TenTec] 6 m transverter recommendation?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 6 m transverter recommendation?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:48:12 -0500
On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 12:36 -0400, Craig Roberts wrote:
> During these times of uncertain -- and often crappy -- HF propagation
> (try tuning around today), I think it'd be keen to get on 6 meters
> (where I started 40 years ago) with my Pegasus. I was going to purchase
> the 2 and 6 meter kit from Ten Tec, but I see that delivery has been
> delayed by parts procurement problems.
>
> Does anyone have a Ten Tec transverter for sale, or any suggestions for
> alternatives?  I like the fact that Carl's great N4PY software has
> built-in provisions for transverter tuning.
>
> 73,
>
> Craig
> W3CRR

Down East Microwave makes a 6m transverter (as well as for all bands
though 24 GHz at least) in various versions.

Elecraft makes and expensive 6m transverter.

SSB Electronics in Sweden sells a 6m transverter.

Kuhne electronics (DB6NT) makes a 6m transverter or two.

All these have web page catalogs that google should find rapidly.
--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,