Re: [TenTec] V2.055 bug /watch out on 60 meters! Also effects O2v2.032!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] V2.055 bug /watch out on 60 meters! Also effects O2v2.032!
From: Lin Davis <linbdavis@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:59:13 -0400
Orion operators, be careful if you assign TX to VFO B.

Like Randy, I also found a TX frequency error, 1500 Hz worth, on my Orion II
v2.032.

My setup:

On 40 meters:
Assign TX and SubRX to VFO B.
Assign RX to VFO A.
Set MainRX mode to LSB.
Set SubRX mode to LSB.

Using an independent receiver to listen to the output, I pressed TUNE, and zero
beat the tx signal. I spoke into the microphone (connected to front panel
conn.)
and heard my voice right on frequency.

Then I changed MainRX mode to LCW.

Pressing TUNE, I noted that the TX frequency did not change from above. But
when
I spoke into the microphone, my speech was unintelligible. I had to tune the
receiver 1500Hz down to hear my voice normally!

BTW, Randy's scenario was as above but with SubRX mode set to USB and Main RX
LCW.

I checked and found that the shift isn't dependent on sidetone setting.

I didn't check previous code versions.

When I get a chance I'll try other combinations.

73,
Lin
WB1AIW