Re: [TenTec] V2.055 bug /watch out on 60 meters! Alsoeffects O2v2.032!

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] V2.055 bug /watch out on 60 meters! Alsoeffects O2v2.032!
From: Lin Davis <linbdavis@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:38:56 -0400
Hi Larry, all,

   Larry Menzel wrote:
> Whoa.  Isn't there an offset between SSB and CW normally? 1.5kc sounds about
> right.  This does not seem like a bug to me.

a) Not a transmit offset. Only the receiver shifts when in a CW mode.

b) There should never be a frequency difference between the output with TUNE
pushed and with PTT pushed, regardless of mode.

c) The TX mode was not changed though. Just the MAIN RX Mode.

> Isn't this twisting things just a bit, or am I missing something?  I know
> that when I go split, I am ALWAYS in the same mode.

Well, suppose you're using the TX and SUBRX, not the MAIN RX, both assigned to
VFO B and in USB mode.
Why should changing MAIN RX mode matter?

...after much pondering and knob and button diddling....

But this brings up more strangeness, and a question: Modes are assigned to MAIN
RX or SUB RX. How is TX mode determined? Does it always follow MAIN RX? Or does
it follow whatever receiver is assigned to the same VFO as TX?

I tried all the combinations to find out, and found another anomaly/bug:

(best if viewed with a fixed-width font ie. courier or new courier )

  VFO A   | VFO B   |  TX mode is    |  Freq Shift
          |         | determined by: |   Error?
---------+---------+----------------+------------
TX,RX,SUB| NONE    |  RX mode       |     No
          |         |                |
TX,RX    | SUB     |  RX mode       |     No
          |         |                |
TX,SUB   | RX      |  RX mode       |     No
          |         |                |
TX       | RX,SUB  |  RX mode       |     No
          |         |                |
RX,SUB   | TX      |  RX mode       |     No
          |         |                |
RX       | TX,SUB  |  SUB mode      | Yes if modes
          |         |                | not the same.
          |         |                |
SUB      | TX,RX   | SUB mode until |     No
          |         | TUNE is pushed,|
          |         | then RX mode!  |
          |         |                |
NONE     |TX,RX,SUB| SUB mode until |     No
          |         | TUNE is pushed,|
          |         | then RX mode!  |

Best advice, probably, is simply don't assign TX to VFO B.

Going forward, maybe it would be better to have the option of setting TX mode
independently. Choices could be; a)follow RX mode, b)follow SUB mode,
c)explicitly set it. Its mode then needs to be displayed!

73,
Lin
WB1AIW

Larry Menzel wrote: