Re: [TenTec] question about updates

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] question about updates
From: John Nason / NA9U <na9u@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 07:14:46 -0700 (PDT)
On the Orion 2 you can only use the the later versions
of software, 2.025-2.033.  You cannot use Orion 1
code.

The previous versions for the radio you are using are
not lost.  So far TenTec has included them in the zip
file but you can also get them off of the web should
TT stop supplyin the older ones.

What you hear about the Orion 2 audio is pure slander.
There is basically nothing wrong with it but there are
some EXTREMELY esoteric observations.  I get great
comments on the quality of my transmit audio.

Hope that helps, 73,
John NA9U