Re: [TenTec] PRIVATE& CONFIDENTIAL Re: Orion vs SDR 1K

To: <na9u@arrl.net>,"'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PRIVATE& CONFIDENTIAL Re: Orion vs SDR 1K
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:50:55 -0500
> This reflector is a ruse.  It is intended to demoralize Orion
> owners and injure Ten Tec's product sales and reputation.
> Evidence of this is post after post of hate spew against
> TenTec and the Orion. This done primarily by people that like
> to pretend they are product managers.

> I do not hate TenTec and I do not hate the Orion. I apologize
> for participating on this reflector and will never do so again.

John, John ...

I loved my Orion after the major bugs were fixed. I don't hate my Orion II,
although I grumble about some things.  I don't hate Ten-Tec, and I have
grumbled about them, too.  I don't even begin to pretend I'm a product
manager (except for my own company, of course).

That doesn't mean we can't have fruitful and useful discussion about what's
good and what's not.  The Orion II is a fine radio.  Just because some of us
aren't happy with some things in the new DSP code doesn't mean we hate
Ten-Tec.  Anything can be better than it is.

But I agree with you and see no reason for personal attacks against any of
Ten-Tec's staff.  I think they are doing everything possible, with the best
of intentions, to make things perfect.  It took a while with the Orion.  It
will take a while with the Orion II, depending on the time left over from
developing the Orion III (or Antares, or whatever it will be called) :-)

There's no reason to duck and run.

Grant/NQ5T