Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ on it's way

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni 6+ on it's way
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:50:05 -0400
A.W. B. wrote:
>     My questions to the list are: do I use a standard modem cable to connect
> to my computer or do I need a null version?

standard is fine.

> Also...I was thinking of getting
> the roofing filter (600 hz) from Inrad. What is the opinion of those? I'm
> primarily a  CW guy and have gotten interested in contesting in the last few
> months. Also any tips or suggestions for other things I might do would be
> much appreciated. Thanks!

I have the INRAD CW roofing filter - it's very good.  There's a million
technical answers but when it comes to my unscientific ears listening to
contesters, if they're not in your passband you won't notice them.
Without the inrad roofing filter you'll get undesirable interference.

hope this helps.

--
73 Jason N1SU

Jason Buchanan - Boxboro, MA