Re: [TenTec] Yep -- Omni VII

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yep -- Omni VII
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 06:42:55 -0700 (PDT)
I'm 98% sure in the 455 kHz IF. The IF scheme from what I can
tell is very close to the Pegasus/Jupiter with 45 MHz 1st IF
and ~455 kHz second IF. Putting the improved filtering in
those two spots will improve two areas of weakness in the
RX320/350, Pegasus, Jupiter, Argonaut V and Orion sub rx.

I must add that while Ten Tec may not be first with an
Ethernet port on a traditional radio (the IC-7800 was); they
do look like they will be actually using it for something
truly useful (the IC-7800 doesn't). Good job TT.

Duane
N9DG