Re: [TenTec] "End of an Era"

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "End of an Era"
From: Craig Roberts <crgrbrts@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 00:59:46 -0400
Ken Brown wrote:

>"...if it doesn't have a human friendly interface that feels good,
>such as knobs and switches, it will just be a passing curiosity..."

Younger generations "bottle fed" on computers may find this statement
laughable, but for those of us whose formative years were analog-only, this is
true.  Of course, Ken's opinion might just be a perpetual truism.  We may
always have a need for direct, tactile interfaces.  I read just yesterday, for
instance, that the "eBook" is essentially a dead concept.  We still, young and
old alike, prefer the look and feel of the printed page. So, we may, as Ken
postulates, always prefer knobs and switches and dials and lights.

I liked my Pegasus, but I love my Corsair.

73,

Craig
W3CRR