Re: [TenTec] ORION2_COMMUNICATION_WITH -2_DEVICES

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION2_COMMUNICATION_WITH -2_DEVICES
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:57:58 -0400
My N4PY Orion control program works with the Orion and Orion II and steppir
at the same time.  You use the steppir Y cable to allow the steppir
controller to just listen on the serial port.  My N4PY control program takes
care of polling the Orion for frequency information.  There is  way to setup
the steppir controller so that it will not send any information on the
serial port which is the key to making this work.  In this configuration,
the logging or control program must do the frequency polling and not the
steppir controller.  I have many users of my program doing this.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635