[TenTec] ORION2_COMMUNICATION_WITH -2_DEVICES

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION2_COMMUNICATION_WITH -2_DEVICES
From: "George" <goofyham@highstream.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:52:24 -0400
>From my limited background it would seem that one cannot have two devices
>trying to communicate with the third with the RX and TX pins 2 & 3 tied
>together.
The SteppIR Y cable came with pins 2-3 and 5 connected to the O2 and the same
pins to my computer and that just won't work!
I guess what I'm saying is how can I get my Orion2 to communicate with my
SteppIR control box and my logging program at the same time????
Has anyone wrote a program to accomplish this? I could hook the Orion2 to a
computer com port and the SteppIR box to another of my computer Com ports and
let my computer do the decision making which should get what.
Thanks.
George