Re: [TenTec] Questions on Corsair II

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Questions on Corsair II
From: "Steve Hunt" <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:20:52 +0100
Steve,

On my Corsair II the keying function is carried out within the MicroProcessor
that's driving the digital frequency readout. It's U10 on Logic Board 81246 -
the schematic is on page 3-30 of my manual.

But its speed is determined by clock oscillator U1A U1B U1D on the Audio
Processor board 81255 (Schematic page 3-20). The front panel Speed Pot goes to
connector 17 on this board, and the clock output appears on connector 15 to
drive the processor. So if you're only interested in making the Speed Pot less
sensitive you don't need to go near 81246

Interestingly, I reckon the Micro is hard pushed to do the CW function and
count the frequency - I noticed early on that when you key the rig in CW mode
the 100Hz digit sometimes goes + or 1. I've checked, and the actual frequency
doesn't change - just the readout! It doesn't happen in SSB modes.

73,
Steve G3TXQ