Re: [TenTec] Questions on Corsair II

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Questions on Corsair II
From: "Steve Hunt" <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 14:02:13 +0100
Steve,

Just taken a look inside my Corsair II. The Speed Pot on the front panel
measures 8 KOhm across the ends.
At 12 wpm it measures 1 KOhm from slider to right hand pot terminal (seen from
above)
At 30 wpm it measures 6 KOhm from slider to right hand pot terminal

>From that you might be able to work out some series / parallel resistor values
>around the pot to make it less sensitive.

For interest I also checked the frequency of the CW clock oscillator feeding
the processor (pin 15 of the Audio processor board): 12 wpm = 16.6 KHz and 30
wpm = 23.8 KHz. So you could play around with resistors to give that range of
clock speeds. No idea why the clock frequency doesn't scale linearly to wpm,
but I checked it several times and those figures are right. It may be because
the clock is not 1:1 mark/space and the processor may only be looking at one
half of the waveform?

73,
Steve G3TXQ