Re: [TenTec] RF gets into computer

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF gets into computer
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:07:47 -0700
I have also found that some keyboards are more susceptible to RF than
others.  I don't know why, but there are definitely differences.

http://www.yccc.org/Articles/W1HIS/CommonModeChokesW1HIS2006Apr06.pdf

Above is a link to a great article about common mode filter chokes, and
although most of it is aimed at balun chokes used for received noise
reduction, there is a lot of general knowledge about ferrite chokes in
general, including how to buy FT-240-43's for $5 in lots of 50.  A common
mode filter right where the keyboard gets connected to the computer, as well
as one on the power cable, may be what's needed here.

Ron N6AHA