Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??
From: n4dxi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:39:21 -0500
Bob...I have an FT1000D and an Orion 2.  If you are using the transceivers
barefoot, the FT1000D transmits 200 watts, that's twice that of the Orion 2.
It makes a big difference.  I can raise weak dx with my FT1000D most of the
time with one call, not with the Orion 2. I bought an amplifier to resolve this.

For reception, the Orion 2 beats the FT1000D.  The Orion 2 has features (like
Orion 2 has a warrenty, the FT1000D has been out of production for several
years.

I'd recommend the Orion 2 as a first choice.

73....John, n4dxi