[TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER
From: "George" <goofyham@highstream.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:40:12 -0500
The hardware noise blanker is too aggressive in my Orion2. I have power line
noise on 160 meters and a variable HW noise blanker would be useful if it could
be cut back some. Currently, when I invoke the HW blanker, and there are strong
signals near the listening frequency, it is murder on the listening frequency.
My question is: Why would Ten Tec not have allowed for a variable HW noise
blanker in this high end radio? The SW blanker is useless.
        Does anyone else have this problems with the O2 HW noise blanker with
near by strong signals up and down the band creating problems to the listening
frequency?
    Thanks.
    George  W2YJ