Re: [TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION2_HW-NOISE_BLANKER
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:14:26 -0600
I have only had to use the HW noise blanker a couple of times on my O
II. I noticed an increased susceptibility to intermod, but then I've
noticed that even with adjustable HW noise blankers. In almost all
cases, if I backed off on adjustable blankers enough to mitigate the
intermod problem, they were backed off so far that the noise problem
had returned.

Kim Elmore, N5OP