Re: [TenTec] Omni V vs. TS850

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V vs. TS850
From: "W.D. (Doc) Lindsey" <dock0evz@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 20:18:30 -0700
John:

Having owned both rigs for an extended time period, just gotta say, this is
a tough call.  In the end, though I believe the OMNI V wins.  I  believe
the V is one of the finest rigs ever built, especially for CW.  As I told
Stan (at TT) one time, I can somehow listen into the band with it.  That
probably doesn't make sense and is not a helpful description.  But for
instance, when the band is really QRN, I can somehow hear through the QRN
*into* the signal, which somehow becomes clear enough for me to copy.  In
reality I have never found any other rig on the market which has this
remarkable ability, bar none, not even the latest rigs from TT.  I say if
you can find a great copy of the OMNI V, jump on it for sure.  Then never
let it go.

And if you find a couple of them, let me know about the extra one.  I am
looking for one.

73,
--Doc/K0EVZ 505-366-7182