[TenTec] 160m converter Model 240 for triton IV

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 160m converter Model 240 for triton IV
From: "Mark Choate" <aa0yy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:05:46 -0600
Hello to the group,
I have a converter that I purchase from and estate sale along with a Triton IV.
The Triton works fine, but I am uncertain if the 160m converter, model 240,
works or not. I have no documentation about how to operate it.

I took the multi-pin molex connector out of the back of the triton, plugged the
converter molex (not sure thats the real name or proper spelling) connector in,
then put the jumper in the converter. I ran the antenna to the converter, and
then the antenna lead/pig tail coming out of the converter back to the triton.

can anyone help me with some knob/switch settings for the triton/converter to
help me determine if this converter is working or not? What band do I put the
triton on? where do I tune? how do I know the freq I am on? so many
questions????

tnx in advance, 73

Mark Choate
AAØYY