Re: [TenTec] Info about Hercules II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Info about Hercules II
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:58:33 -0400
Not exactly sure what you mean by "swing" on AM.  Assuming an adequate
power supply, which the Ameritron is NOT, the Herc will deliver four times
the AM carrier power up to it's PEP power rating.  So assuming a power
gain of 10db (close) and a PEP rating of 500 watts, the Herc will deliver
carrier power of 125 watts and 100% modulation with a drive of 12.5 watts.
Any more drive and the amp will clip on positive peaks.

I use the Ameritron PS here but do not get quite 500 watts on 80 meters.
Haven't used my Bird to check the actual power though so don't know
exactly what I do get.

73,

-Lee-