Re: [TenTec] FLEX, Omni-VII, Hilberling

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FLEX, Omni-VII, Hilberling
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 20:04:21 -0500
YES, Yes, you're the third person (but the only one who made a public post)
that has corrected my misunderstanding of the mysteries of "open source" in
the SDR-1000 and Flex-5000 and the "true meaning" of FAQ #44

And I'm sure many "bright folks" have contributed.  Many bright folks
contribute to the design of many radios, open source or not.  I wonder how
many users of these radios have contributed even one line of code or one bug
fix.

Not referring to your comments, I'm also quite tired of being privately
beaten up instead of the "offended" parties in question simply coming to the
table and telling their story.  You can't post on a free and open list any
more without a very large liability insurance policy, because surely SOMEONE
SOMEWHERE has some financial interest and will take umbrage --

I'll bet that for all of the garbage, misinformation, cockpit error and just
plain ignorance blamed on crummy software, and even vitriolic personal
attacks made on specific T-T employees that have been posted here, and
comments about how T-T radios suck and this has never worked and that hasn't
worked since 2003, and the developers are incompetent and so on --- I'll bet
that not one person has ever been threatened -- even politely -- by T-T.

I regret thinking it worth posting to this list.

Grant/NQ5T