Re: [TenTec] V2.060b Release Comments

To: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] V2.060b Release Comments
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:11:59 -0700
If the sidetone problem is similar to the Orion II sound with various
versions, then there is a correlation to the CW Rise/Fall settings.  I found
that a low setting gives a better sounding sidetone, but causes on-air
key-clicks.  Setting Rise/Fall higher (more than 8) causes a strange echo
sound in the sidetone.  Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, Carl:  I assume you will be modifying your control software to allow
for 9 kHz bandwidth on AM?  Also, I recall last night during testing of the
new firmware, when going split and hitting the A=B button, I think either
the BW or mode didn't transfer right.  There were also some strange
artifacts that showed up on the sub receiver BW graphic when I did that.

                     Ron  N6IE
                www.N6IE.com