Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Elecraft K3 vs Orion?
From: Neal Campbell K3NC <nealk3nc@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 12:33:39 -0400
I own both a K2 and an Orion 2 (as well as a SDR1000). The main
problem with the K2 is the smallness of the case and the fact that
every button has a 'tap' behaviour and an 'press and hold' behaviour
which I find a bit annoying (I have not mastered how to safely do
that when excited by DX, etc) I see  they are retaining the tap/hold
methodology in the K3 which is a shame. For me, they could have made
the box 1/4 bigger and added a few more buttons.

I also like a big box for rigs needing an operational front (I
actually prefer the PowerSDR software interface for all but
contesting and who knows?)
Neal Campbell K3NC
nealk3nc@gmail.com

telnet to our DX Spotting clusters at: dxc.k3nc.com, ports 12001 and 23

"Devoted to Dogs: How to be your dog's best owner"
Great Dog Book  at www.abrohamneal.com