Re: [TenTec] Orion II

To: tentec@contesting.com, LEE@GJ.NET
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 21:15:46 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/2007 1:19:26 AM GMT Standard Time, fev@ciudad.com.ar
writes:
> -Is possible to install the Antenna tuner later?

Yes, but I doubt that you will want to.  Auto-tuners usually don't work as
well as the manual kind.

> -What microphone goes well with it for SSB?

With due respect to Bob Heil, who helped design the Orion II audio section,
the Ten-Tec mike works just fine for me.  Bob's mikes work well too.

> -Is necessary the optional Fan ?

It's cheap enough to buy it anyway (I did), but unless you use the radio on
digi modes, you probably won't need it.

> _ what are your opinion about the matching speaker?

I have one and don't use it (it's on my Collins receiver).  The built-in
speaker works great.

Hope this helps.

73 Ray W2RS