Re: [TenTec] best CW decoder/xmit program for ten tecs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] best CW decoder/xmit program for ten tecs
From: Paul <designer@quickdata.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:22:59 -0700
My vote is CWGet and CWType by DXSoft. CWType is free. It uses a
signal from the serial port to trigger the on/off key action. You can
make a circuit out of four or five Radio Shack parts or buy a serial
plug with the circuit built in for $15 - $25 dollars. CWGet, the Rx
part, does cost money - about $35.00? It's been a long time since I
purchased mine.  I've tired others - a few free choices - but keep
coming back to CWGet, The pair, Get and Type, can "talk" to each
other if running at the same time.

I don't expect 100% form the software, but it gives me confidence to
try something a little bit out of my comfort zone.

I'm working on my CW certificates too. I've read many, many articles
on increasing speed - putting the pencil away, etc. But the authors
are not trying to get a certificate that requires a written record of
perfect copy for one minute. Once I get my "old school" 20 wpm, I can
leave letter-by-letter and the pencil behind and go for more.

Good luck.
73,
Paul