Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525D setup...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525D setup...
From: James Boswell <ka5siw@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
Tom,

     I have owned several and worked on many more.
Like most older TenTec, sometimes the vfo gets
sluggish of stops working, just s simple job to clean
and re-grease the vfo. Sometimes you have to do a vfo
rebuild and the parts cost like $20-25.
     On the radio the power input to the final is 100
watts, about 50 wats output. You can buy CW filters if
interested. If you are luckey, yours has a noise
blanker, if not you can use a scaf filter on the
output and those work good.
     These are great portable rigs and anybody can use
them, just power, select mode and frequescy and go. No
menues, just fun.

Take care, have fun, Jim KA5SIW