[TenTec] Triton IV intermittant transmit problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV intermittant transmit problem
From: "Louis Ciotti" <lciotti@twcny.rr.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2007 09:13:00 -0400
Hi all,

I finally am getting a chance to look into a small problem with my Triton IV
analog.  When using ssb, I key up and will not get any output.  Usually a light
tap on the case would fix it, but is is getting worse.  I took the top cover
off and have narrowed the problem to the circuit card that is in the front
center of the rig.  I removed the metal cover over the board and found that if
I press on the far right tunable capacitor on the rear of the circuit card the
problem goes away only to return a short while later.  I am wondering if this
could be just an intermitant connection or something more complex.  Any help
would be great.  I had this rig back for other repairs about 3 months ago, and
about three weeks after I got it back this problem showed up.  I really would
prefer not to send it in for repairs again...

Thanks,

Lou
KC2RVD