Re: [TenTec] SB-220 Tubes and QSK

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SB-220 Tubes and QSK
From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:36:39 -0500
<<<Can you measure 20% at the other end of the path? That's all of 0.8 dB
and when propagation changes sometimes more than 10 dB in seconds...

73, Jerry, K0CQ>>>

Hi Jerry,

The next time you fork out your hard earned dollars for a new 200 w.
rig and it only puts out 160 w., I'll expect you to just put up with
it because it's only N dB less than spec'd output; the next time you
shell out $$$ for a new 100 w. rig and it only puts out 80 w., or the
next time you get a new car that's supposed to do 80 mph and it
redlines at 64, I'll expect you to just suck it up and accept the
degredation in performance with some engineering rationalization.  By
the way, get on the horn and tell the 1A  broadcast station that
shelled out $250,000 for a new harris dx50 that it's okay if it only
puts out 40 kw carrier instead of 50 and listen to what the C.E. has
to say about that.

73,

rob / k5uj