Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PTO Problems

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II PTO Problems
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:19:47 -0500
There are symptoms other than a warble.  You might notice these especially
if you don't work only CW.  The tuning action becomes slightly stiff in
comparison to baseline.  Also, as you tune to a position and then let go of
the knob, there is a little backlash, and the unit untunes itself slightly.
You can notice the change in frequency right on the display.  Sometimes some
vigorous exercising of the knob will temporarily reduce the symptoms,
especially if they are not too severe yet.

The rebuild is very effective and lasts a long time once done.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ