Re: [TenTec] Herc II power supply

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Herc II power supply
From: chip_brown@isp.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:44:37 -0500 (EST)
I run my Herc II off a pair of 50Amp Astron supplies.  They are 115 volts
ones.  HRO where I bought them offered to order and have sent to me a pair
of 230 volt units.  I declined as the 115 volts ones were there in the
store in fine order and I did not want to risk UPS shipping of the new
units.  I feed 230 to the area on the bench where they plug in and just
have a pair of outlets one on each side of the line.

The PSs are wired as suggested by the PS co.  and the two shutdown posts
on the back are tied together as suggested in the PS instructions.  So
that if one supply goes down it will shut off the other at the same time.

I use double runs (both plus and return) of very heavy wire.  I can not
see the voltmeter flicker in the Herc when keying.

Chip Brown  KR1P