Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Titan 425

To: Gary@doctorgary.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II & Titan 425
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@gti.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 17:46:26 -0500
Wow, I thought I was the only one still using the 8044 chip. Mine is
really old, but never needs anything but a new battery every few years.

The circuit I used has the keyer chip driving a reed relay, so it will
key anything (except a spark transmitter or searchlight, of course).
Some of the circuits using the 8044 just used it to drive a switching
transistor and varied depending on whether the the rig used positive or
negative line keying. Maybe there's just too much voltage drop through
the keying transistor.

                                        73,

                                        Bob WB2VUF