Re: [TenTec] 962 Power supply Bridge rectifier needed

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 962 Power supply Bridge rectifier needed
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:20:32 -0600
How about this:   GBPC3501  $2.92 in single lot qty.  From Mouser

Manufacturer data sheet:  http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/GB/GBPC3501.pdf

35amp, 100 PRV.   It is a real generic non-critical part.  Now what's
critical is to clean the bottom of the power supply where the bridge block
mounts, make sure you have some good heat sink compound but not too much and
bolt the sucker in tight with the center mounting screw.    If you choose,
use the crimp on spade lugs but do solder the wires to the female spade
terminals.  When pushing the lugs on, make sure they are tight and snug.
Otherwise if you have a suitable soldering iron, solder the wires direct to
the bridge block.

73
Bob, K4TAX