[TenTec] funny display symbol on paragon

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] funny display symbol on paragon
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:28:17 -0500
hi everyone, i just picked up a paragon I - the guy i purchased it from said it
had a PLL unlock error, but that the radio worked - so far i get no error and
the radio receives wonderfully. i just wired up my shure 444d mic to be used
with this radio and when i key the mic a funny symbol next to the freq. display
comes on - it looks like an E turned on its back with three lines (rays?)
coming out of the bottom of the E - is this the PLL error message? also after
keying the mic there is a slight delay before returning to receive mode? when
the radio returns to receive mode the symbol goes away - i was thinking i have
the mic wired wrong - but it seems to be keying the radio - has anyone ever
seen this - there is no reference to this in the paragon manual. thanks again
for all your time - i have learned a great deal about ten tecs here and i
appreciate all the expert commentary.

sincerely, john