Re: [TenTec] funny display symbol on paragon

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] funny display symbol on paragon
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:55:08 -0500
for everyone who responded thank you so much! that symbol does indicate the
gheil chip - i have version 61. the delay was caused by the mic being wired
wrong. i also called ten tec today and they confirmed the symbol being that of
the gheil chip.

now i have another question - my voice peaks on the paragon are somewhat low -
even with the processor on. i am using a shure 444d mic. when i tune up the
paragon with the tune button, which bypasses the mic i am easily getting 120
watts+ out. i am confused though because with the same mic used with my paragon
II, my voice peaks were very high and it wasn't a problem.

ten tec says its the mic and i need to order a ten tec desk or hand mic for
best results. when i asked him why the shure 444d mic worked well with the
paragon II he said that there were about 6 versions of audio boards (different
resistor values on each board) that went into the paragons and some worked
better with the shure 444d than others, based on when they were released and
what board my paragon has -

has anyone else had problems with the 444d and the paragon or other ten tec
rigs for that matter. does this explanation sound correct.

thx again, john