Re: [TenTec] voice peaks still low on paragon

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] voice peaks still low on paragon
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:03:10 -0500
bob, compared to other rigs i have owned - that is what i am comparing to -
also a paragon II i owned in the past gave nice high voice peaks with the shure
444D - ten tec has told me that there were about 6 different audio boards for
the paragon and paragon II radios - could be that my paragon II had a better
match with the dynamic type mics than my paragon does - i also had some yaesu
and icom radios - none of which i used a dynamic type mic, but a "powered" mic
and they all gave very nice voice peaks. by the way thanks for your great
suggestion the other day regarding reversing the polarity on the shure 444d to
increase the voice peaks - it actually helped a bit, but not as much as i was
hoping for. like i said i have a ten tec mic coming on monday - i'll try that
out and let everyone know. and yes i get about 120 watts in the tune mode.
thanks again.

sincerely, john